Change multiple properties of a JIRA issue w/ single click

Deleted user February 19, 2016

About 1/2 of my sprint consists of unplanned issues and I'd like to streamline working with foreign and new tickets. They should appear on my Kanban but the board is set to display only issues in my project.

How do I integrate a button that automates some or all of these steps:

• Put the ticket in my current sprint
  • If its not in the project of my current sprint move it there (don't show up dialogue, assume some defaults)
  • Instead of a button do all this when the ticket is assigned to me

I suppose the last step can be done by exploiting post-functions. For the rest I have no clue.

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2016

You can implement an issue listener that does all that automatically. You can use Script Runner or JJUpin to write the listener, but if you don't have any dev experience it might be a bit tricky, however there are a lot of examples out there.

If you want to have a button - you can create a workflow transition which does what you want as part of a post-function and the condition for that transition will check if the issue is assigned to you and allow the transition only in that case.

Deleted user February 23, 2016

Could you go a little more into detail? I've never written an add-on or scripts for JIRA before and would like to avoid common pitfalls.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events