Change multiple projects' workflows quickly

Michael Fleet May 20, 2012

Hi,

I use Jira 4.2.4 and we have around 300 projects that use the default Jira workflow. I'd like to set all of those projects to use a different workflow. Is there a quick way of changing that or do I have to modify each project manually?

Thanks for replies!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MarkW June 7, 2012

Could this not be done through the CLI tool? Use the updateProject command, list the projects and specify the workflow. You can create a list or csv file that the CLI tool can read in and perform.

See docs and releases here: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/x/CQBm

Ps. I can't see what year this question was posted so I hope its not prior to 2012.

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2012

Hi Michael,

I'm almost sure there aren't any plugins to do this and it isn't possible to bulk change inside Jira so it looks like the only way is to configure manually each project.

Michael Fleet May 20, 2012

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks anyway though!

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2012

You're welcome. Remember to mark the answer as correct in order to help other users.

MarkW June 7, 2012

Could this not be done through the CLI tool? Use the updateProject command, list the projects and specify the workflow. You can create a list or csv file that the CLI tool can read in and perform.

See docs and releases here: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/x/CQBm

Ps. I can't see what year this question was posted so I hope its not prior to 2012.

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2012

we use Selenium to automate UI interactions in JIRA - might be quite a time saver for 300 projects

Suggest an answer