Change keystore location for (delegated) Active Directory SSL certificate

Lucas Molenaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

Instead of using the JVM keystore (\JIRA\jre\lib\security\cacerts) I like Jira use a different keystore for SSL handshaking with the Active Directory. Where can I set/change the location?

e.g. when creating a connector you can set "keystoreFile=" I want to do the same for the external user directory.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

Hi Lucas,

If Inderstand your question correctly, you are wanting to tell the JVM to look in a different location for it's Keystore, rather than using the default location. If this is indeed the case then you can add an argument to your JAVA_OPTS to tell the JVM to use a different Keystore. To do this just shutdown JIRA, add the following flag to the JAVA_OPTS and restart JIRA again:

-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore="path-to-file"

All the best,
John

Lucas Molenaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2012

Hi John,

Thanks for your help. I am running Jira as a windows service and like to re-use the keystore containing my domain + user directory (LDAP) certificates. The included cacerts file gets overwritten during upgrade and I do not want to keep copying the file. Also, since the upgrade to 5.2 it no longer picks up the certificate.

Could you please advise how to to update the service so it will make sure the following keystore is used: "c:\certificates\.keystore"?

Suggest an answer