Change/error in link directions in Jira 6?

In Jira 5.x we used this groovy code to retrieve all outgoing links for an issue:


After migrating to Jira 6.2.7 the script doesn't retrieve any links, but the call to


returns the same results as its opposite in Jira 5.

Was there a change in the API or it's an error we're dealing with?

Thank you for your answer.


1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

After some investigation and some conincidence i've found out that the reason wasn't a change in the API, but a correction of a bug [JRA-24563] that was present in our previous Jira version and affected the direction of links during cloning. The upgrade do Jira 6.2 fixed the direction of 'cloners' links, but didn't affect the 'cloners' links we created manually.

To correct everything we needed to:

  • correct the direction of manually created 'cloners' links (see the instructructions for MySQL DB with the corrected SQL statement)
  • update all the scripts that used linkManager.getOutwardLinks() and linkManager.getInwardLinks() to their opposites

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Jan 08, 2019 in Jira

How to Jira for designers

I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...

1,069 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you