Change email in Projexts with database request

Deleted user December 6, 2017

Hi guys,

could you please tell me how to change a custom email in projects by using database request.

I mean from what we could see here: https://jira.contoso.com/servicedesk/admin/MYPROJECT/email-settings/

In other words I need to change email address in the "Email address" (gmail email for example) field to another one by using database (postgres) request.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

Do not do it.

Changing a Jira database with SQL is asking for massive pain and trouble.  Please, do this via the correct route - in the UI

This is for our jira stage instance. We are restoring it from production every night using bash script (from production database dump and from home folder backup) and we need to be sure that our jira stage will not get any letters which belong to production.

Could you please tell me, you know how to do it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

For this case, I would not bother.

I'd disable the email as per standard dev/test setup - see section 1 on https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/restoring-data-from-an-xml-backup-861253849.html#Restoringdatafromanxmlbackup-disableemail

Deleted user December 7, 2017

Thank you, but his option will disable all notifications. There no other way to adjust only email to save notifications, but be sure that Jira test will not take any letters that was created for Jira prod?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2017

It's a test system.  You really do want all the email disabled, as it will be indistinguishable from production email.

The method outlined in the doc does not disable notifications though, it just stops polling and sending at the very last point.

But, if you do want to only disable some of the mail processing, look at the individual flags in the strings

Deleted user December 7, 2017

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events