Change e-mail template problem

Deleted user October 25, 2012

This should be easy but I must be doing something wrong.

I am on JIRA 5.0.7.

We use HTML format as a default.

I am looking to add the Fix Version(s) to the email for issue udpates.

On my server I go to:

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\html

and edit:

issueupdated.vm

I added the following table row with some simple text:

</td>
</tr>

<tr valign="top">
	<td>
		This is a test of the e-mail template system.
	</td>
</tr>

#end
#parse("templates/email/html/includes/footer.vm")

I then changed this file as well:

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\subject\issueupdated.vm

and changed the text from:

($issue.key) $issue.summary

To:

($issue.key) $issue.summary - Test

I save my files and restart JIRA. I change an issue and get an e-mail but I do not see any of my changes.

I thought this could be done directly via the templates or do I have to have the src code.

Or is there a step I am missing here.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 1, 2012

Thanks Norman. As much as I did not want to do that it helped a ton. Not only that but I fgiured out how to complete all the work.

Now only if you didn't have to restart JIRA to get your changes to take.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

See also this question for disabling caching, great for your TEST server.

FYI, JEMH has a live Velocity template editor, no restarts required ;)

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

Your welcome! How about a little karma by voting up my comment since my suggestion was useful to you.

Deleted user November 1, 2012

No problem. Done!

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2012

I would change both the text as well as the html files. I would also change all the email templates and figure out which email template is actually being used if your changes still does not work.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2012

Yes you should be able to do that, the steps are right. Are you getting a text or a html notification (for the content), the subject change should work, I do this a lot.

It might be silly, but is there one and only one JIRA installation on your machine?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events