It's been a while since this question was asked. Hoping that something's changed in the latest version of JIRA! :)
The My Open Isssues system filter returns all the Issues that have their Resolution field set to Unresolved. That means it also returns issues that are in Closed status that have that field set to that value.
How can we change this filter so that it only returns issues that are actually Open?
An issue is open when it has no resolution. It's closed when it has one. That's how it is defined in JIRA and you need to set a resolution to tell the system the issue is resolved.
They'll need to build their own filters, and not rely on JIRA's reporting functionality.
I find it easier to just get it right, even if I set the resolution for them as part of the workflow and hide as much as possible, so that the data is correct.
Although there's a short essay on why resolution really should have been demoted to a simple "reason" in version 2 of JIRA, that's a different story - the way resolution works now is not going to change.
Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events