Change customer request type in screen

Aram Dermenjian January 6, 2015

So I'm trying create a screen where you can alter the customer request type. I can add 'Customer Request Type' to a screen, but it won't actually show up in the screen. Is there something specific that needs to be done to get it to show up?

Note that I am normally able to alter the field itself in the issue navigation page, but I'd prefer to do it in a screen so that the users are 'reminded' that it needs updating.

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2015

Hi, Aram.

This is strange. We can change the customer request type on the issue view, but not in the edit screen.

This is probably because the customer request type is directly connected with the issue type. So, if you change the customer request type, it must match the issue type and issue types cannot be changed directly, you must 'move' the other issues types.

Maybe JIRA can't control if you're choosing a request type that matches the issue type. That is probably why it is not there, though I'm not sure.

I actually found a suggestion for that:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1211

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira.

Suggest an answer