Change bulk edit behaviour

d-sokolovskiy December 28, 2017

Hi.

In my custom "Bulk Update Field" addon i need to make some behavior change:

- System shall propose uses to change behavior during LABEL field updating :
Either new values will be update old OR new values will be added to old.

Tell me please how to do this?

Thanks.

4 answers

3 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi,

Since you're making a custom add-on we would need to know more about what you're trying to do exactly in your code.  From what I gather the user is going to update the label field and depending on their choice the new value will REPLACE the old value or the New value will be APPENDED to the old value.

At this point please clarify exactly what you're trying to do.  A diagram or steps in a 1,2,3... order would be beneficial so we can help you figure out how to implement the solution you're looking for.

Cheers,

Branden

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2017

We can't really tell you a lot more than "you need to write code that does this".  You haven't told us what you're doing in any detail.

d-sokolovskiy January 2, 2018

0 votes
dhiman1985 January 10, 2018

This is a custom code change. If you're a BTF customer of Atlassian get in touch with their Support center to get this change done in your build. In-house or hosted customer can engage with the Atlassian application management team to get this change implemented.

0 votes
d-sokolovskiy January 4, 2018

Thanks to everyone for the answers and sorry for the inaccurate question. I already solved this problem)

Claudio Ombrella January 24, 2018

Great, now since you approached the community asking for support, it would be great that you share your findings so others can also benefit from your help, the same way people assisted here :)

Suggest an answer