Change background or other colors based on issue type or Subtask

Will R August 19, 2013

I want the background color to change if the issue one is in is a sub task VS a parent task.

If this isn't posssible is it possible to change a field or multiple custom field colours based on an issue type?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013
Will R August 19, 2013

I'm assuming other than these there is no other way?

Color Custom Field is neat but won't let me change the Issue Type field as it's not custom. Jira Status Color isn't avail in v6. I use v5.2 which i finally got the plug in installed manually its not on the UPM. It only shows the colours based on in progress or closed etc... not for any other field and not for issue type.

Thanks for the info though. Everything being so generically coloured across the board in Jira makes things all look the same. It'd be nice to change visuals based on Issue Type. Parent and Subtasks is a definite must though. I'm surprised it's not default features like Trackit.

Lubor Cerny June 24, 2017

... better late than never.

To achieve this, you can use Chrome extension "Stylish" with  JIRA VilPro style.

You can change appearance of issue extra fields too.

Like Ivan likes this

Suggest an answer