Change absolute path of groovy script used in a post function in the database

Mike Whitlock November 11, 2013

Hi,

We are upgrading our version of JIRA from 5 to 6. I have a bunch of groovy scripts used in a bunch of post functions and they have an absolute path of /app/jira/installation/jelly/SCRIPTNAME.groovy. My app admin told me that this location will change during the upgrade. Is there somewhere in the database I can go and update this information using a sql statement instead of going into every workflow and every post function and manually changing the path location? FYI... I would have used relative paths but I didn't know our paths would ever change.

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

I have code floating around that will create new drafts of every workflow and make some change, and then publish them, but I don't really recommend that approach unless you're pretty confident.

You could also update the descriptor column of the jiraworkflows table... and then restart. That might be ok if you have two or three workflows.

However I'd just tell your admin to create a symlink to the old location.

Mike Whitlock November 12, 2013

Thank you Jamie. I appriecate your help as always ;)!!!

Suggest an answer