Change System User

Joshua Toepfer November 18, 2013

Ok, I just installed JIRA using my network user account. I attached our AD User Directory, and in the process decided, I should have created a unique local admin account instead of mine. I edited the local admin account giving it a new username and password (all works fine). However, now I cannot log into to JIRA using my AD account. I get the following error message: Sorry, an error occurred trying to log you in - please try again.

I have several other end users that have had no problems logging into using their AD directory credentials.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Toepfer November 20, 2013

All,

I moved the User Directory above the local directory, that didn't seem to work. I bounced the app on the server a couple of times over the past week and this morning I was able to log into JIRA with my AD credentials. I also made several changes to User Directory for LDAP filtering what is loaded from AD, so I cannot say what combination worked, but its working now. Thanks to all that gave suggestions.

0 votes

TeckEn,

The version of JIRA we have installed is 6.1. And no, I changed the name in the local jira User Directory.

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2013

What version of JIRA you just installed? Did you just edited your the admin username in your LDAP directory?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

Hi Joshua, this may be related to the directory order. Have you tried to put the LDAP direcoty on top?

Cheers

We are using JIRA 6.1. I do have the User Directory ordered to be LDAP last. I'll give the ordering a go and see what happens there.

Tiago,

Switching the order of the User Directory did not make any difference. Is there any logs i can check or bump logging levels to see what is going on?

Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2013

Joshua, you should have login related errors in $JIRA_home/log/atlassian-jira-securitly.log

Joshua Toepfer November 19, 2013

Taiwo,

I don't see any log representing *-jira-security.log in the $JIRA_HOME/log directory. I have a the normal Tomcat log files, and a access_log file. I bumped up the loggin on the System Admin screen for the security loggers.

Suggest an answer