Change System User

Ok, I just installed JIRA using my network user account. I attached our AD User Directory, and in the process decided, I should have created a unique local admin account instead of mine. I edited the local admin account giving it a new username and password (all works fine). However, now I cannot log into to JIRA using my AD account. I get the following error message: Sorry, an error occurred trying to log you in - please try again.

I have several other end users that have had no problems logging into using their AD directory credentials.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

All,

I moved the User Directory above the local directory, that didn't seem to work. I bounced the app on the server a couple of times over the past week and this morning I was able to log into JIRA with my AD credentials. I also made several changes to User Directory for LDAP filtering what is loaded from AD, so I cannot say what combination worked, but its working now. Thanks to all that gave suggestions.

Hi Joshua, this may be related to the directory order. Have you tried to put the LDAP direcoty on top?

Cheers

We are using JIRA 6.1. I do have the User Directory ordered to be LDAP last. I'll give the ordering a go and see what happens there.

Tiago,

Switching the order of the User Directory did not make any difference. Is there any logs i can check or bump logging levels to see what is going on?

Joshua, you should have login related errors in $JIRA_home/log/atlassian-jira-securitly.log

Taiwo,

I don't see any log representing *-jira-security.log in the $JIRA_HOME/log directory. I have a the normal Tomcat log files, and a access_log file. I bumped up the loggin on the System Admin screen for the security loggers.

Yew Teck En Atlassian Team Nov 18, 2013

What version of JIRA you just installed? Did you just edited your the admin username in your LDAP directory?

TeckEn,

The version of JIRA we have installed is 6.1. And no, I changed the name in the local jira User Directory.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

137 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you