Change Status of Issue when Resolved as Duplicate (or linked Duplicate)

Steve Giacobbo January 6, 2016

I understand that when an issue is marked as duplicate that it is resolved.  I was hoping I could apply a different status when this occurs.  Use case scenario: when an issue is considered a duplicate, our QA team would like to verify the issue.  We would like to change the status of the ticket to "Needs Testing" (a custom status) instead of having it end up in the "Done" swimlane on our Kanban.  Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

The column on the Kanban boards have their own statuses configured for each. So if you look at your board configuration and your "Done" column is configured to show "Duplicate" statuses, you just need to update this config so it will not appear in this column anymore. Check for post-functions too that sets the "Resolution" field whenever an issue is put to the "Duplicate" status. You may want to remove that since this field means that an issue is ultimately closed in JIRA if it has a value.

You can just create another transition from "Duplicate" to a status of your choice if you still need to do something, like validating it.

Suggest an answer