Change Reporter to someone who is not a user

Tyler Tinney November 25, 2014

Is there a way to change the reporter of an issue to someone who does not actually have a user account ? I sometimes create tickets for people from them calling in via the phone, I don't want to create accounts for all users as I am simply using email based ticket submitting.

So is there a way that I can enter in manually the email address of the person who I am creating the issue for, so that they get email notifications of the workflow changes and comments once I do them?

I am not able to make individual accounts for each person.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2014

No.

All the "user picker" fields in JIRA are lists of user accounts.

The best you can do is a "dummy" user and an extra field for "enter persons email", and then include that field in the notification schemes.

Tyler Tinney November 25, 2014

Nic. how would I do what you mentioned ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2014

Create a new user to act as the dummy account. Find or write a plugin to provide an email field (The "email this issue" addon is good for this, and a lot more clever than what I'm describing here) Create a new field for "email" and add it to the relevant screens and projects Amend the notification scheme to send to the email

Tyler Tinney November 26, 2014

That add on isn't available for cloud.

Suggest an answer