Change Project Name

Aamer Inam: M-3521 December 10, 2014

Hello, 

We see an option to change the project name. What If I change it with the old project key intact, what are the possible implications of this operation.

Regards,

Aamer 

3 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2014

If you are using project names in your filters, gadgets etc, those will be broken and the users will have to modify them. Other than that, project name change should be trivial.

1 vote
Haris Psarropoulos December 10, 2014

Hello,

As far as I remember, you are allowed to change everything as long as you do not have conflicts with other projects. The unique identifier of your project is the key and keeping it intact will not even initiate a re-index need. Now, if you are using the proposed key that JIRA suggests when typing a project name, then you will only have inconsistency with your naming convention, but other than that I do not see anything else.

Hope I understood your question and helped smile

Aamer Inam: M-3521 December 10, 2014

I have got an existing project that has lots of issues defined in it. Now I just wanna to change the project name and was wondering If it could jeopardize anything =). I will simply click Project -> Edit and update the project Name and thats about it.

0 votes
尧 何 October 11, 2015

Who can change the project name?Project Admin ?How to make it disable, I don’t want them change.

Suggest an answer