Change Management Workflow

Matthew Dartez December 31, 2015

So we are trying to build three types of change management - Minor, Major and Routine

Two questions:

1. How can I create a custom workflow piece - for example, I want a "Cancel" Button Transition so someone can cancel at anytime - so far I cannot find anywhere where I can create a new custom transition.
  2. How do I make a multi approval?  For example, I want to transition the major change to "Cab Board" where three people need to approve before it can move to In Progress

Would love some help we are relatively new to change process with Service Desk.  JIRA can be a bit overwhelming. 

2 answers

0 votes
RJ MILIND January 3, 2016

For Your Question 1 : add status > as Rejected or cancel (whatever you like name)
2 : Go to Workflow
3: Add workflow
4 : in Step Name ADD Cancel and Linked Status set as cancel or Rejected
5 : now from each transition add transition as Cancel and Destination Step as cancel
6 : and apply that workflow as per scheme and it's ready.
Now for question 2 it's easy but i haven't ever implemented so you can follow JOE.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2015

I've done something similar. For 1 you will need to create a transition from every status. I'd use a post function to set the resolution n to canceled and require they fill in a custom field for the reason. Someone will ask.

For 2, create a transition back to the same status for each role that must approve it and limit the transition to just that role that sets a custom field such as 'role' approved to yes. Then create a transition to the next status with a condition that checks all the custom approval fields are set to yes. Everyone will only see the transition for their role and the one to move forward won't be available until everyone has approved it. Put the approval custom field just on the related transition screen and view screen.

Suggest an answer