Change Jira words (it is NOT a language translation)

Antonio Celso Dias Duarte July 27, 2015

My client uses the JIRA English version, but he would like to change the words 'Project' and 'Projects' respectivelly to 'Product' and 'Products', every place they happen (even on JIRA navigation submenus). 

I tried  InProduct translation for JIRA

but it is not capable to translate such words present on JIRA submenu of Product main menu. The text in these submenus are "CURRENT PROJECTS" and "RECENT PROJECTS".

How can it be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

The only way I can imagine would be to customize the source code or .vm files and .properties files where all the language is stored manually. There is not a simple way to make this change at all and in fact I recommend NOT doing this at all since you are then setting yourself up to re-customize the source each and every time you update the product.

A JIRA Project is a construct of JIRA: Changing the name of an inherent function of software is sure to have repercussions. 

0 votes
Antonio Celso Dias Duarte July 28, 2015

Thanks fof your reply, Steven.

I agree partially. It is not totally true when you affirm that "Changing the name of an inherent function of software is sure to have repercussions." because this is done by the language add-ons, translating JIRA functions to several idioms without any problems. 

Suggest an answer