Change Jira Resolution field to UNRESOLVED from RESOLVED

Is there any way to change the JIRA Resolution field once the issue is Resolved.

Status is ON Hold. We want to change issue Resolution field to UNRESOLVED from RESOLVED

The workflow does not seem to match the issue/project.

We are assuming a plugin changed the workflow/transition.

Can this be done only on the DB? I have Admin access but can't change Resolution field to UNRESOLVED. The workflow button onlychanges the status field not Resolution field

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm not sure I can follow the train of thought you have with these questions, so I'll try to take them one at a time, separately.

- Yes, you can change the resolution, but only by going through a screen that has the resolution on it. As it's a REALLY bad idea to put it on the "edit" screen, you should add a transition from <status> to <status>, with a screen that has the resolution on it. That lets you change the resolution. The other option is to use a post-function to set the resolution. In your specific case, you really do need to use a post function on this loop-back transition - a function that says "clear the resolution"

- Status is irrelevant. Technically. It may be logically tied to resolutions, and you do need to work with status if you need to amend your workflows, but in data terms, resolution and status have absolutely no relationship at all.

- The workflow is the workflow you've told it to use. If it doesn't "match the issue/project", then you've made a mistake in the workflow schemes

- Absolutely not. Database hacking is a last resort because it's messy, dangerous and in this case, really not needed at all.

I know there's a bit of complexity around resolution and editing it, but you need to step back and take a look at your workflow first. Forget databases and changing resolutions, make sure your workflow is right first. Then you need to look at incorrect resolutions on existing issues, and work out a good approach to fixing it.

This widget could not be displayed.

Your question is not very clear. Can you be more specific on what you want to ask?

Rahul

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

34 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you