Change Items Per Page

Mark Gordon November 16, 2014

JIRA,

1 - Is there a way to change the setting for Items Per page (ie.. 25, 50 etc)?

2 - If possible, is the a global setting or is this customizable by the user on the navigator?

thanks,
Mark 

8 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2014

It's a setting in each person's profile - "page size" last time I looked

Mark Gordon November 16, 2014

Nic,

I did find what appears to be the global setting for this Admin | System | User Default Settings |  Number of Issues displayed per Issue Navigator page.

So, know that I have answered that. Can this be altered at the User level that a user can alter on their own. If so, exactly what must they enter?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2014

It's the other way around. Every user can set the number as I already said. What you've found is the default setting for those who do not adjust their profile.

0 votes
Nam Lam May 3, 2019

Do you know how to change to 50 issues per page in queue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2019

My understanding is that you can't, as people should have the same view of a queue and the top 50 is the most useful according to the designers.

0 votes
Nam Lam May 3, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Where do you change the limitation in user profile.  I checked and couldn't find it.

Currently, we are using Jira Cloud.  Before, the Queues showed 50 issues per page.  After the update, now it show all in 1 page which we don't like it.

I checked the Admin-System-Default user preferences and the # of issue per page is 50.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2019

Queues are not filters, they are not affected by the "issues per (issue navigator) page" setting.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2015

There is no search inside a search. Quick search is just an entry point into search. The context of the current search is that it is a search - there's nothing in it for JIRA to read your mind on how many results you might want - how do you expect it to know that you want 10 per page from "project = X" and 50 a page from "project = Y"?

0 votes
Deleted user April 1, 2015

There is a difference between a global search and a search within the multiple pages returned by the current query. The term Quick Search does not tell which behavior is present. As it happens, it performs a global search. As indicated, a global search is useless in my environment, because literally hundreds of records will be returned for each one that is in my current view. In this case, Jira CAN read my mind, because the query responsible for producing my current view is known. Were I to refresh the page, it would be reissued. So the system could add that text search to the current query. It would have to do so for each field in the query, unfortunately--but there is no other way to get the behavior of a browser page-search on the set of all results returned by the initial query. I get that different users have different styles, so it makes sense that it can't be a feature of the view. But I don't want it to be a lingering user-setting, either. I could live with a temporary setting to give me the results of my current search on a single page. That way, it would be only be done when manually selected. But that is the pretty much the same thing as the kind of quick search I could use--an addendum to the current search that adds additional criteria.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2015

Number of results returned in a query is more likely to be a human thing. The two people I currently work with most closely have completely different approaches to the way they work and if I inflicted an arbitrary number on either of them, it wouldn't work for the other one. Steve likes a simple "top 10", Dave wants "as much as possible". Both from the same filter I'm afraid you've missed the point of "quick search". It finds stuff that is related to what you typed in. It can't be more clever than that because it can't read your mind.

0 votes
Deleted user April 1, 2015

I would like that as well. I do NOT want to change the setting for any search I might do. I want to change it for a SINGLE query that returns 100-300 records. I probably wouldn't even need that capability, but for the fact that the "quick search" does not limit itself to my current view (I so wish it would!). Instead, it returns search results in literally hundreds of other categories used by other departments in this very large organization. So search is, quite simply, of no use at all in my environment.

Suggest an answer