Change Issue keys

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014

Hi, I have imported bugs from bugzilla into a new jira project. Now I would like to change the issue keys to make them the same as the bugs ids in bugzilla. Here's what I did on a test instance:

1. Stop Jira
  2. Update the column ISSUENUM in the table JIRAISSUE
  3. Update the column PCOUNTER in the table PROJECT
  4. Start and reindex Jira

It seems to work perfectly, but before I do that in my production instance, I would like to be sure that it won't have side effects. Did anybody already try to update the column ISSUENUM?

I am Using Jira 6.1 with Oracle.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2014

The only problem we got was the link between issues and attachments. The attachment location depends on the issue key. Therefore if you manually change issue keys, the attachments are not reachable from an issue. To fix this we had to write a batch file to reorganise the structure of our attachment directory.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

I would say :

• edit an issue
  • create a subtask for one of the new issues
  • transition an issue
  • link to an issue
  • search for those issues

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2014

Thanks, yes I did and it works. Do you have an idea of other actions I could do to check if everything is in order?

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

Hi Pierre,

Did you check if you could add new issues to your project without getting constraint errors?

I personally have never tried to update those columns.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer