Change Issue keys

Hi, I have imported bugs from bugzilla into a new jira project. Now I would like to change the issue keys to make them the same as the bugs ids in bugzilla. Here's what I did on a test instance:

1. Stop Jira
  2. Update the column ISSUENUM in the table JIRAISSUE
  3. Update the column PCOUNTER in the table PROJECT
  4. Start and reindex Jira

It seems to work perfectly, but before I do that in my production instance, I would like to be sure that it won't have side effects. Did anybody already try to update the column ISSUENUM?

I am Using Jira 6.1 with Oracle.

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

The only problem we got was the link between issues and attachments. The attachment location depends on the issue key. Therefore if you manually change issue keys, the attachments are not reachable from an issue. To fix this we had to write a batch file to reorganise the structure of our attachment directory.

Hi Pierre,

Did you check if you could add new issues to your project without getting constraint errors?

I personally have never tried to update those columns.

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks, yes I did and it works. Do you have an idea of other actions I could do to check if everything is in order?

I would say :

• edit an issue
  • create a subtask for one of the new issues
  • transition an issue
  • link to an issue
  • search for those issues

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

72 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you