Change Issue Status based on Custom Fields

Background

• 10 Issue Statuses
  • Agile Board with columns based on these statuses

Questions

1. Could we add 2 custom fields to each issue for Business Value (BV) and Stakeholder Value (SV)?
  2. Is it possible to sort Agile Board Columns based on issue fields. We have one column for each status. Example for Sorting ob Business Value: SORT BY BV DESC 
  3. Is it possible to change the issue status if a custom field like BV (Business Value) has been filled?

1 answer

0 vote
  1.  Yes, as long as they have different names
  2. Yes, and you could put in more than one sort clause
  3. Not directly.  You could add conditions to a workflow to stop people doing it.  Or find/write a listener that could intercept "field has changed" and then trigger a workflow transtion.

Hey Nic, thank you! Could you please describe how to implement the column sorting (2). Where exactly can I specify this?

Could anyone explain how to sort Agile Board columns based on issue fields?

Add "order by" clauses to the end of the JQL that is behind the board. E.g. if it currently says "project X", then try "project X order by field Y"

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

597 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you