Change Issue ID on JIRA cloud

alessandrolac November 18, 2015

We are trying to integrate automatic Issue reporting from Crashlytics but they use a fixed ID as the issue type: 1. The problem is that on our JIRA account every issue has an ID greater than 10000 and we are not able to modify them (for example the issue type Bug has an ID of 10005). 

Is it possible to change the Issue ID? How?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2015

Alessandro may I suggest that a better way to integrate Crashlytics would be to write an Atlassian Connect addon to perform the integration for you. In your Atlassian Connect addon you could map the id's that come from Crashlytics into the ID's that JIRA uses.

alessandrolac November 18, 2015

Wow, I didn't think about it! Thanks for the suggestion I was able to set it up in under 15 minutes, less than it took me to figure out the wrong Issue type ID :) Thanks again!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2015

Nope. 

The numbers 1-6 used to be reserved for the default issue types, but you can delete these and re-add them with new numbers starting at 10000.  I don't know if Cloud does that automatically or you've done it yourself (the last JIRA I installed has the 1-6 defaults and then custom types starting at 10000)

To change it, you'd have to re-insert the 1 in the database, as a completely new type (you certainly would not want to change an existing id, that way lies "revert to the backup") and I suspect there's a handful of other tables you'd need to add to as well.

But you need database access.  Which you don't get on Cloud, and Atlassian are very unlikely to do this for you.  You can try a support request, but I doubt you'll get it.

Suggest an answer