Change Display name in jira

Pushpkant Garg December 31, 2014

Hi,

My JIRA is synced with LDAP and I want to change my display name in JIRA.

For example My name is "Ab Cd Ef" and I have updated the display name in LDAP as "YZ Ef". But JIRA is still showing "Ab Cd Ef" in JIRA. Can anyone please help me how can I make display name in sync with LDAP?

Thanks,

Pushpkant Garg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2014

Hi there,

I think you can change it under your user profile.

To view your JIRA user profile:

• Choose your user name at top right of the screen, then choose Profile.

In the Details section on the Summary page, you can do the following: 

• Click the edit icon  at the top-right of the section to open the Edit Profile dialog box. From here, you can edit the following details:
    • Full Name – your display-name – that is, the name by which you are known in JIRA.
    • Email – the email address to which your JIRA notifications will be sent.
    • Password – you are required to enter your password to save changes to your Full Name and Email address.
    • Click the Update button to save your changes.

Hope this help smile

Happy new year smile

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Pushpkant Garg December 31, 2014

Hi I tried that but the problem is whenever I log out and log-in again it revert back to original name. Pushpkant Garg

waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2015

Hi there, Are you using Delegated LDAP? if that is the case, I am afraid the only way for you to change your name is change via your LDAP, as Delegated LDAP is uses for authentication only. Regards, Wayne Wong,

Suggest an answer