Change Default assignee of 950 projects

Fahad V A April 7, 2014

Hi,

Is it possible to change the default assignee of 950 projects from Unasigned to project lead in a single SQL query.?

Is there any other way than doig it from the Admin console of each project? How to avoid this tedious task..

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2014

No, you need to do 950 projects, or use SQL (with a proven backup and Jira offline) or you could try scripting it if you've got the script runner plugin

Fahad V A April 7, 2014

No.. I dont have script runner plugin..

any idea about the sql query which will do the task?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2014

I think this is a simple one. You still need to stop Jira and back it up, prove the backup is ok, but once you've done that, the SQL should be something like

update project set lead = 'users login id'

You shouldn't need to re-index or do any other messing around, just restart Jira afterwards.

(Of course, that will blart the same person across every project, so you may need some more update lines with some "where" cleauses)

Fahad V A April 7, 2014

Hi Nic,

I need to change the default assignee to project lead.

I dont want to change the project lead.

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

update project set assigneetype = 2

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2014

Ack, I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

Andris' SQL is exactly what I'd say too. (Same caveats about stop and backup. But also, you won't need to reindex for this one either)

Fahad V A April 7, 2014

Thaks Andris and Nic.. :)

Suggest an answer