Change Assignee on Creation depending on custom field

Pablo Murga July 25, 2017

Hi !

First of all I'm running JIRA Cloud.

I want to create a customized workflow that works with an specific issue type. I understand that there are platform limitations regarding this but wanted to ask anyways, in case I'm missing something.

I'd like to have a user create a ticket in the project and complete a Custom Field with a text string, for example: "Team1"

After the ticket would be assigned to someone pre-defined from Team1, if the user entered Team2, the assignee would be a different person.

Is this something achievable ?

I know there is a Copy Value from other field function, but I think it would not work in this case, as it would copy the string it wouldn't be able to do anything on its own, unless there is a user called Team1, which is not what we want.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Pablo,

You can use an add on like:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions/cloud/overview

to assign to a role member

Or you can use the cloud version of script runner and make a simple script post function in groovy with the conditional logic

Suggest an answer