Change Assignee issue problem with Jira SOAP

edern rivoallan September 25, 2015

Hello,

I having some trouble changing the assignee on an issue. I tried some commands :

• JiraSoapService.updateIssue(token, issueDejaCree.getKey(), new RemoteFieldValue[] { new RemoteFieldValue("assignee", new String[] {"username"}) });
  • JiraSoapService.progressWorkflowAction(issueAModif, "11", new RemoteFieldValue[] { new RemoteFieldValue("assignee", new String[] {"username"}) });

I use an administrator account and I have rights to assign user. I can update all other field from issue (except Reporter).

The users that I want to assign are in the right project, I think it's not the problem.

Does anybody know what to do ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2015

That strongly suggests that your SOAP user does not have the rights to assign user (your admin account is irrelevant here - what does the permission scheme say?)

In the web UI, I see that my SOAP user have the right to assign user.

Manager have right to assign and the role of my SOAP user is manager.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2015

Ok, it's good to confirm. Next question along the same lines - can you actually assign the issue in the UI with that user? Does it appear on screen when you edit?

Yes no problem with the UI

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2015

Oh, hang on, sorry, I might have missed something You've got RemoteFieldValue("assignee", new String[] {"username"}) }); But assignee is a single value, so don't you need RemoteFieldValue("assignee", new String {"username"}) });

It's not possible, this object use a String array. But I think it's not the problem because I use this method to update other field without problem.

Suggest an answer