Cfg Jira to send me email if admin user adds himself to group or gives himself certain permission.

Albert DeWeese September 24, 2014

Can I configure JIRA OnDemand such that I get a notification email:

• if a new admin adds himself to a certain group
  • if a new admin give himself a certain permission

I want to get an email if he tries to access 'this' page.
(see pasted text from the "Add User/Group/Project Role to Issue Security Level" page)

Add User/Group/Project Role to Issue Security Level
Issue Security Scheme: Internal Leadership 
Issue Security Level: Executive Readable

Please select a user or group to add to this security level.

This will enable the specific users/groups to view issues for projects that:

• are associated with this Issue Security Scheme and
  • have their security level set to Executive Readable

... this way if he does grant himself the permission at least I will be notified.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

go under JIRA administration > systems> troubleshooting and support > audit log. This log should show any changes made.

0 votes

Thanks.  Ironically I will make his first task: "Write an app that pulls the audit log and parses it for 'this' event".  Then I can run the app as a back ground service somewhere and have it fetch and parse the logs nightly.  If the app see nefarious behavior it will email me.  Done.

Thank you.

0 votes

Was worried that was the answer.  I do trust him... but I should also verify.

Can I access the logs from within OD?  If so where?

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

I dont think you can do that. Your best bet its to trust your admin and keep an eye on the logs.

Suggest an answer