Certain Portfolio actions just spin

Jesse Bearden April 22, 2017

I've been trying to use Portfolio today for the first time.  I set up a small portfolio with 2 projects and a few epics / initiatives.  There are certain actions that either take a really long time, or aren't coming back.  

For example, if I hit the calculate button, it just spins for > 5 minutes (That's the longest I've given it).  

I had a similar issue when trying to add a new project to the portfolio.  It would take 5ish minutes for the new project to show up.  

Am I doing something wrong?  

We're on an atlassian hosted jira.  

1 answer

0 votes
Eric Hilfer April 24, 2017

One thing to check is the overall number of issues that were initially imported when you set up the project or board data sources.  It sounds like it was a limited number, so I can't imagine that the performance issue is related to internal limits.  I have noticed that sometimes performance is browser-specific, based on the amount of client-side JavaScript calculation that goes on.  It might be worth just trying to access from a different kind of browser to compare.

Jesse Bearden April 24, 2017

Turns out it actually comes back after about 5 minutes.  

I've got about 15 total issues in my portfolio, so I can't imagine that's the problem, although my project has about 1000, so maybe I should try an empty project and see what happens.

I've tried chrome and firefox so far, so I don't think it's a browser thing though.

Thanks for the feedback!

Suggest an answer