Cascading select - where to look

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2014

Hi

I have a test system where if I select value in 1 dropdown, values in another dropdown changes. I need to implement same behavior in another system.

Where should I look in my test system to see how this is implemented.. (obviously I did not do it in test system)

It has behaviors plugin installed (if that is of any relevance)

Please let me know.

Thanks

Abe

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2014

Both are select list(single choice). So I am wondering where else one can define this behavior..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2014

That's wrong. If you have selected "cascading select", then you have a cascading select field.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2014

That is what I checked first, both are single select. Is there a plugin or something which can do this where the configuration lies somewhere else...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2014

I don't understand why you keep saying a cascading select is a single select. That's clearly wrong.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2014

ok let me clarify so that you can help: First there are 2 dropdowns, dropdownA and dropdownB. Both dropdowns are select list (single choice) If I select value in dropdownA, then it is filtering out and showing only few values in dropdownB that correspond to the value selected in dropdownA. I guess this is behaviors plugin .. need to see where the configuration is..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2014

That is right, that is what a cascading select is for, and that's what you've asked for. Choosing a value from list A determines the further options in list B. I don't understand what you're trying to clarify - you've just described exactly what you've got already. Add a custom field, choose cascading-select as the type, add it to the screens, go back and configure it to add the options.

0 votes
Sandra Axelsdóttir [Tempo] November 28, 2014

If I understand your question correctly, this is probably a custom field. So if you go to administration and search your custom fields for the field name or field type "Select List (cascading)" you should see this field.

Suggest an answer