Cascading select list with user groups and assignees

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

Is it possible to create a cascading select list with the parent options consisting of my user groups (Group 1, Group 2, Group 3) and the child options consisting of my assignable agents that belong to those groups?

For example,

If the first dropdown value selected is Group 1, then the second dropdown should include the users that belong in Group 1.

I guess it's like a cascading select list that includes a group picker and then a user picker.

Right now, when a user re-assigns an issue to another agent, it lists ALL the agents in the option choices, but I would like to categorize it by first having them select the group and then it only shows users in that group. I hope this makes sense.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2017

I saw a very cool plugin that would do the trick called Elevator: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.sapling.elevator/server/overview

Suggest an answer