Cascading Select with a free text box

Jameel Khan May 9, 2013

Anyone know of a plugin that allows for a cascading select field with an additional free text box <255 characters? I need to have a field which allows for the predefined cascading lists and a free text for a % scoring based on the selection.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mario Prada Arroyo May 9, 2013

Hi!!

Maybe you can use Database Custom Field (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.databasecf) and a auxiliar database table with the relationship between your fields.

Each field queries can be configured to depend on other fields.

Hope this helps.

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013
Jameel Khan May 9, 2013

Hi Udo, I'm running Jira 5.0 so this plugin won't work for me. Thanks for the response though

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2013

I see, wasn't looking carefully enough about the supported versions, sorry

Suggest an answer