Cascading Select doesn't appear on screen in New View

Kathy Gryta March 26, 2019

I am creating a custom field that is a cascading select in a project in cloud JIRA that is a 'Business Project'.  When I view my issue in the 'old view' the field shows up right where I want it on the screen, but if I'm in 'New View'  the field does not appear at all, and on the Issue Layout screen, next to that field is says 'coming soon' - well, how soon?  So far, not feeling the love for 'New View'

4 answers

1 vote
Hans Fast September 3, 2019

Hi, 

Sorry but "new view" and "old view" makes no sense to us. Having spent several hours configuring the cascading field, three days in a row, trying to get our custom field to show, I'm not a great fan of Jira Cloud atm. 

Why would you allow us to create a custom field, spend time adding picklist values, we see it on the New Issue screen, and then we can't use it?? 

Just so you know, when I first saw the "Coming Soon" I interpreted it as "This field will be shown soon", as in some configuration that would take a little while before it actually was shown in the user's browsers.

I also happily distributed new screenshots and documentation to all users on how we should use the new field. Now I have to revert all that back. Pleeeeze!

When is cascading select available in Jira Cloud?
Best

Hans

0 votes
John Minne September 14, 2019

Hello Everyone,

The Jira cloud core (business version) bug was created 10 months ago and is still sitting out as low and unassigned. 

Since then the "new view" is now forced on some screens.  I think this is a blocker bug for any growing or large company and is a major regression.  

If we get enough watchers and votes maybe atlassian will escalate it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70961

0 votes
John Rodda September 4, 2019

Same complaint - the cascading select solves a significant problem for mapping problems. Not having it in the new view - total PITA

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

You can reach out to Atlassian and request an Update, but that's about all you can do other than wait on the release to come to your instance. 

As an admin I have been fielding this complaint with several of my development teams, so we feel your pain. 

Hans Fast September 3, 2019

@Shawn Masters How do we "reach out to Atlassian and request an Update" ?

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

support.atlassian.com 

Suggest an answer