Cascade Select Field - First Select lists Project Roles and Second Select lists users in those roles.

Rizwan Rizvi February 27, 2013

I want to implement as the title suggests a Cascade Select feild but the values are not hard set.

The first Select should display all Roles for the project. and the second select dropdown should display all users in the selected role.

I want to assign the issue finally to this person selected after the second select.

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2013

I was able to get the needed cascade selects through the use of two plugins and workflow post-functions.

User Picker from Project Role and Dynamic Forms

I then used workflow post-functions to copy the selected user to the Assingee field.

It is a bit clunky, but it works (for now).

0 votes
Rizwan Rizvi May 30, 2013

Unfortuantely could not find a way around the exact situation when the values are supposed to be dynamic depending on the role selected. hard coded values can be done using normal Cascade select.

0 votes
JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Rizwan,

Did you ever get this working? I am now faced with the same situation. Any help would be appreciated.

Suggest an answer