Capture workflow status change in a custom field

MH May 31, 2017

Hi :)

I need help with this please.

I need to capture the workflow status change in a custom field, i have searched for solutions online and all of them require to install plugins.

Is there any way to do this without installing additinal plugins?

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

Hi Michelle,

without any plugins, you can just set a few issue fields in the workflow post function. 

Maybe you could use a field you don't need, "Environment"maybe, but that depends on your requirements for that field.

MH June 1, 2017

Hi Thomas

I'm not understanding the part of using the workflow post function.

I read one can use the workflow post functions but you need a specific plugin in order to send that status change into a custom field.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

There are a few workflow post functions that you can use in "plain" Jira (if you have not installed any plugin), one of them is setting some system fields to another value.

Plugins give you more workflow post functions, so you are much more flexible designing your workflow.

MH June 5, 2017

Hi Thomas

Thanks, I'm going to try this :)

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2017

Not that I'm aware of. What is your issue with a plugin? the jira-suite-utilites is free and available even if you use cloud.  I don't know what you want to set the field to and JSU may not work for that. However, I use it to set the date of the transition for milestone transitions. 

MH June 1, 2017

Hi Joe, I did not know about the jira-suite-utilites being free, I will look into it.

In the ticket, the reporter would like to see when the status of the ticket changed.

This is for reporting purposes as another system will pull the info from the ticket to place into a report.

Suggest an answer