Capture information at specific time in workflow

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2014

Hi

I have a specific requirement.

When i move the jira issue to resolved status, i want to capture certain information like assignee, resolver and components affected.

The need is that these parameters can be changed at any later stage (by editing the issue) and we want to have the ability to backtrack and find these parameters at resolution time.

How can i resolve my problem?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2014

Hi Rahul,

You could try to copy those values into custom fields with post functions.

If you don't make these fields available on the edit or create screen of the issue type screen scheme nobody can edit them but you can still search for them using the list view in the issue search.

Set field values based on other field values can be done with a post function from the JIRA Suite Utilities : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

Best regards,

Peter

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Thanks Peter, that helps.

Suggest an answer