Capture date/time when issue is created and updated

Vinesha D'Mello December 24, 2015

Hello!

I need to capture the date and time when an issue is created and also the date and time when any edit was made to the issue, including when a comment is added to the Issue.

Is there a way to capture this information?

2 answers

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2015

Hi Roshni,

You can have this information under History and Activity tab of JIRA issue.

History.PNG

Are you looking for something more ?You can also retrieve details from database from jiraissue table.

Regards

Chander Inguva

Vinesha D'Mello December 28, 2015

Thanks Chander! Yes, I do need more. I will need to capture the date and time for reporting purposes. Hence I need to capture it as a custom field. Any ideas on how I can do that?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2015

You will have to add a "Post Function" in the "Create" event to update a certain custom field to a custom value or a groovy expression. Something like "new Date()" will do the trick. There are many add-ons that can accomplish this post-function. 

Suggest an answer