Capture closed at date

Amichaels March 6, 2013

Hello,

I'm running Jira 4.4.5 and I'm looking to capture the closed date into a field when an issue is closed. I've looked into using the jira suite utilities plugin to fill a custom field with the current date when a post function is ran during the close issue workflow step. Unfortunetly, it does not support this functionality until Jira version 5. I cannot upgrade at this time so I'm looking for alternative solutions. My goal would be to export from the issue navigator into excel with a column for closed at date in the same way we have the resolution date.

Thank You.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2013

We use the copy post function. We copy the Updated field to a 'date closed' field. The trick is to put the post function after the Update function otherwise you'll get the date the last update was done before the transition. We've been doing that since 3.x. We also capture the date for other milestone transitions so they can easily be searched on.

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

It seems that there are only two possibilities: use excel export or write your own plugin which has the desired function (custom field and post function).Sorry!

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013

JIRA Enchancer Plugin could help. It's a commercial plugin though.

Suggest an answer