Cant map to a custom field when doing bulk import

Michal Crkon July 23, 2013

When i try to do bulk import from csv file, i can map all fields i need except one. The field is a custom field. Other custom fields are shown except one. (when i try to create issue normally the field is shown on the create issue page).

When i check my custom fields in administration, this field shows as 'Locked'

Any idea why this field is not available to be mapped to during the import?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

Hi Michal,

Is it the 'Sprint' custom field? I'm asking because you can't import data in some specific custom fields (from GreenHopper, Bonfire, among others). They are locked for both inserting data and importing values via project import/csv.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Michal Crkon July 24, 2013

Hi Lucas,

The field is the 'Epic Name'. The field is used by greenhopper. How then can i do a bulk import of epics, and then bulk populate all the 'Epic Name' fields in my issues? Or will i need to edit each epic individually?

0 votes
Matthew Billings August 27, 2013

Hi - we're having a similar problem with that field when we try to sync Jama Contour and Jira via the connector. That field is locked and mandatory for Epics in Jira, but doesn't appear on the list of fields that Contour can map to.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Suggest an answer