Cant login after power failure in Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket

v_tm November 10, 2019

Hello,

first of all i am not that professional on administrating computers. But this weekend we had a power failure and my servers crashed. My Windows Server booted up quick and went perfect again. But my Atlassian Linux Machines make some trouble. I hope you can help me.

I have an older Version of Jira 7.5.2 and it is connecting to a Windows MSSQL Database. First i had problems in starting jira. After a lot of research i managed to start Jira on linux. When i try to log in i just get the message, that the login is not correct. This also happens on confluence and bitbucket. 

I would be very thankful if someone could give me a hint where i could look or check first so i am not searching in the dark. 

A second question is: Is it right, that i shoudn't start jira as root? I started jira accidently as root and found a topic where it should be started as jira user. I also checked the folders. After start with root some were owned by jira and some by root. So i changed them all back to jira and started as jira user. Hope this is right. Just in case :)

Another information: Before the powerfailure it worked fine and i had no problems with the system at all. Thank you very much!

1 answer

0 votes
v_tm November 10, 2019

So i digged a little deeper and i found the logs which say the following:

2019-11-11 00:16:37,374 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] failed synchronisation complete for directory [ 10100 ] in [ 17ms ]
2019-11-11 00:16:37,414 Caesium-1-2 ERROR ServiceRunner [c.atlassian.scheduler.JobRunnerResponse] Unable to synchronise directory

Seems that i got some problems with my AD or ldap or similar and thus i cannot login. But i cant figure out how to solve such a problem. 

Suggest an answer