It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cant login after power failure in Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket Edited

Hello,

first of all i am not that professional on administrating computers. But this weekend we had a power failure and my servers crashed. My Windows Server booted up quick and went perfect again. But my Atlassian Linux Machines make some trouble. I hope you can help me.

I have an older Version of Jira 7.5.2 and it is connecting to a Windows MSSQL Database. First i had problems in starting jira. After a lot of research i managed to start Jira on linux. When i try to log in i just get the message, that the login is not correct. This also happens on confluence and bitbucket. 

I would be very thankful if someone could give me a hint where i could look or check first so i am not searching in the dark. 

A second question is: Is it right, that i shoudn't start jira as root? I started jira accidently as root and found a topic where it should be started as jira user. I also checked the folders. After start with root some were owned by jira and some by root. So i changed them all back to jira and started as jira user. Hope this is right. Just in case :)

Another information: Before the powerfailure it worked fine and i had no problems with the system at all. Thank you very much!

1 answer

So i digged a little deeper and i found the logs which say the following:

2019-11-11 00:16:37,374 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] failed synchronisation complete for directory [ 10100 ] in [ 17ms ]
2019-11-11 00:16:37,414 Caesium-1-2 ERROR ServiceRunner [c.atlassian.scheduler.JobRunnerResponse] Unable to synchronise directory

Seems that i got some problems with my AD or ldap or similar and thus i cannot login. But i cant figure out how to solve such a problem. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

245 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you