Cant change assignee via screen

Alexey Borisov April 1, 2014

I have a screen in the my JIRA. There is a lot of fields can be changed through it. One of this fields is "assignee". I have admin permissions, but when I change assignee in this screen and press "Ok" assignee not changing. JIRA 6.1.5

PS Sorry for my English

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

Please check catalina.out and atlassian-jira.log files for any errors when you click OK.

Also - how do you change assignee? Do you start typing and then click on assignee name? Or just type it's name.

Does the person to which you change "assignee" have permission "assignable user" for project in which you change it? If users don't have "Assignable user" permission to project, you can't set him as assignee.

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

Try following syntax in dbconfig.xml <url> section:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=
(LOAD_BALANCE=on)
(ADDRESS_LIST=
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host1) (PORT=1521))
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host2)(PORT=1521)))
(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=service_name)))"

After @ you should write service name database definition from your tnsnames.ora

Alexey Borisov April 2, 2014

I am clickng on one of the users. This user has the "assignable user" permission.

Cant find anything in the logs

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

Is there any chance that there is a post-function in workflow transition which changes it back?

Also - you may have custom field "assignee" and you change the other one...

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

Dose assignee change show up in issue history?

I have no custom field and there is no post-function.

Yes, I see change in history

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

So the assignee is not changed for issue, but history shows that it is changed and never changed back? Is it so?

That s right

Interesting effect.

I have two users (A and B)

After creating issue A become assignee because he is default assignee.

Then I use my screen and change assignee: now it is B. Status changed too

After that I see that status is changed, but assignee not.

And I see in history that status was changed and assignee was changed. But assignee was changed from B to A!

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2014

What happens if you click edit and change assignee?

Alexey Borisov April 16, 2014

That was post-function in my workflow

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014
0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014
0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2014

Hi Alexey,

In my opinion, the issue is related to the used workflowf. Are you sure that the workflow has been published?

Regards,

Fabio

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2014

In your project admin section, do you have the right permissions for th operation -

Assign Issues
Ability to assign issues to other people.

There might be a group/ role which can do the above operation are you part of that group or role.

Alexey Borisov April 1, 2014

Yes, I have this permission

Suggest an answer