Cant add next-gen issue via filter to classic scrum sprint

christian_greiner February 4, 2020

I try to to include tasks from a nextgen kanban project (chris test again) into a classic software scrum board (chris test) sprint.

Through filtering (project = "chris test" OR labels = onboarding AND project = "Chris test again" ORDER BY Rank ASC) I managed to show the issue in the backlog.

When I move it up into the sprint it shows me the usual message "this will affect your sprint..." and also appear as an item in the sprint backlog.
But when I move to the active sprint board, it will not be there - also when i navigate back it will be located back in the backlog again. 

The weird thing is, if I change the status of the issue from todo to inProgress it will reflect on the Kanban board and move the issue - but not in the sprint board.

Any ideas how that works?
And any suggestions how I can solve that case without making all projects classic software projects :) ?

Cheers
Chris 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

Hello @christian_greiner

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I believe you must be facing the bug below, where issues from next-gen projects do not appear in the Active Sprint section of a Classic board:

Next-gen issues are not shown in the Sprint section in Classic board 

Feel free to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about its fix implementation.

Additional to that, can you please check if the steps to reproduce the problem match your current scenario and if the workaround provided works for you? These would be the workaround steps:

• Go to Kanban next-gen project configuration
    • https://<URL>.atlassian.net/projects/<project key>/settings/features
  • Enable both Backlog and Sprint
  • Disable them again

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ashish Bansode August 4, 2020

tried= doesn't work for me

Suggest an answer