There is a message Unknown server error

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2014

What does the log file say?

Alexey Borisov February 16, 2014

I cant find anything useful. Any keywords that can help?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2014

"Attach" is probably a good string to grep for, or the users login id,

Alexey Borisov February 17, 2014

How can i see errors? There is a lot of text with "attach" by that user, but I cant see any problems

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

Read for anything that says "warning" or "error" around the time the user tries to add their file.

You also need to do some other testing - do other users have the same problem with the file? Can you attach files from other locations? Different browser?

Alexey Borisov February 17, 2014

This is the problem of one user, AFAIK.

He tries in Firefox and IE. In Firefox there is an error code - 413.

File Name 20140131.zip

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

Could you give us the FULL error you are seeing here in Firefox?

Alexey Borisov February 18, 2014

Here it is

Невозможно присоединить файл 20140126.ZIP: Неизвестная ошибка сервера (413).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2014

Ok, that looks like an nginx error for "the data you want me to pass to Jira is too large". Are you using nginx in front of it? Can you check the maximum size settings in there?

Alexey Borisov February 24, 2014

Thank you very much! That was nginx

Jose Porcel March 31, 2015

If you use nginx; client_max_body_size 20m; where 20m is 20Megabytes and it has to be at least the same value or greater than the configured in Jira "System -> attachments -> max upload size"

Suggest an answer