Cant add file to the issue un JIRA

Hello

One of my users trying to add small file (<1Mb) to an issue

There is a message Unknown server error

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes

What does the log file say?

I cant find anything useful. Any keywords that can help?

"Attach" is probably a good string to grep for, or the users login id,

How can i see errors? There is a lot of text with "attach" by that user, but I cant see any problems

Read for anything that says "warning" or "error" around the time the user tries to add their file.

You also need to do some other testing - do other users have the same problem with the file? Can you attach files from other locations? Different browser?

This is the problem of one user, AFAIK.

He tries in Firefox and IE. In Firefox there is an error code - 413.

File Name 20140131.zip

Could you give us the FULL error you are seeing here in Firefox?

Here it is

Невозможно присоединить файл 20140126.ZIP: Неизвестная ошибка сервера (413).

Ok, that looks like an nginx error for "the data you want me to pass to Jira is too large". Are you using nginx in front of it? Can you check the maximum size settings in there?

Thank you very much! That was nginx

If you use nginx; client_max_body_size 20m; where 20m is 20Megabytes and it has to be at least the same value or greater than the configured in Jira "System -> attachments -> max upload size"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,923 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot