Cant I create unassigned bugs?

NickW July 10, 2012

I have enabled unassigned issues and the set default assignee to 'unassigned' in the project. However when I create a new bug it still automatically gets assigned to the team leader.... I want the bug to be left unassigned. What am I missing here?

Many thanks

Nick

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2012

Check the component settings - you might have set these up to default to something.

NickW July 10, 2012

Thats exactly what it was.... hadn't even noticed that as an option! Would be nice if there was a set all the components to the same setting option though. Thanks again Nic much appreciated.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

The way I've handled this in the past is to create a dummy user called "Unassigned" and defaulted to that being the user that issues are assigned to. Not ideal as it uses a license seat, but is an option if you have the capacity.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2012

I'm not sure that would help (although it does beg the question of why you don't just allow unassigned issues?). If the component settings are setting it to "component lead", or "project lead", then it's still going to set it to that. Might as well just nip into those settings and swap to "unassigned"

Suggest an answer