Cannot use Work Order or WO Project to filter across projects

Luvo June 28, 2016

Now that prod releases are spread across projects I need to be able to filter across projects using Work Order or Work Order project, the latter being the preferred option if both cannot be made available. 

I have attached a pic FYI

Work order project.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2016

How are you putting this "work order or work order project" information into JIRA?

Luvo June 28, 2016

Here is what is going on, I am working on different projects and now when I select more than one project this what I get 

two.PNG

the two custom fields work order and work order project become inactive and I get an error message that says "work oder is not applicable for the current project and or/or issue type.

But if I just select one project the two custom fields become active

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2016

The two fields are separate, and enabled separately in each project.  Because of that, it can't show you one of the fields because it's only in the other project.

I would do two things:

1. To get around the initial problem, switch to advanced search and use "(project in (a, b, c) and 'work order' = x) or (project in d, e, f and 'work order project' = y)", adjusting the query so that you're only selecting projects that have the relevant fields
  2. Talk to your users and administrators about merging the fields as they seem to be duplicates
Luvo June 30, 2016

Thanks Nic

Suggest an answer