Cannot update a filter's search criteria

SallyD June 22, 2012

I am the Jira administrator and I created the filter. I read the documentation and did all of the super simple, very predictable steps VERY carefully but no love. The only options that appear on the summary tab are Rename or Share, Save As, and Subscriptions. I don't have the Save option or the Reload option.

Any idea what is happening here?

Sally

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2012

You can edit the filter, make changes and once you do that the Save option will appear.

Edit option is available on the top of that left panel.

Derrick Taylor David June 22, 2012

Sally - are you attempting to access this filter from the dashboard? Jobin's answer is correct but a common problem is that if you click on the filter from the dashboard gadget and you haven't selected "Show Resolve Issue Statistics" as YES, in Jira automatically modifies research to include "AND resolution = Unresolved" at the end of the string. Because of this, Jira thinks that you're attempting to work with a new field rather than the one you originally had saved.

Just a thought!

Derrick Taylor David June 22, 2012

Sally - are you attempting to access this filter from the dashboard? Jobin's answer is correct but a common problem is that if you click on the filter from the dashboard gadget and you haven't selected "Show Resolve Issue Statistics" as YES, in Jira automatically modifies research to include "AND resolution = Unresolved" at the end of the string. Because of this, Jira thinks that you're attempting to work with a new field rather than the one you originally had saved.

Just a thought!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

I am apparently an idiot!

We all are, at some stage or the other!

0 votes
SallyD June 25, 2012

Thank you, Jobin. I am apparently an idiot! ;-) I was opening the filter, editing the criteria, then switching back to Summary .... without clicking Search to run the new criteria. DOH!

Suggest an answer