Cannot start progress on unassigned issues (Maybe related to GH?)

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2012

Hi,

We use the Scrum board as or work tool.

However, when we have an unassigned issue on the ToDo bar, we cannot move it to the In Progress.

We have to go into the issue, change the assignee to me, and than go back to the board and move it to the In Progress one.

This is non comfortable way to work with GH, as I can press the Start Progress when I go into the issue.

The Auto Assign option in the GH configuration is checked.

Thanks,

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rickard Johansson [Tieto] August 13, 2012

Hello Janiv,

Sorry to have to double check but as it is not mentioned in the question i felt I should ask: There is no condition in the workflow that limits the transition to Assignee Only?

It might be that the auto-assign doesnt kick in due to the transition not being able to be compleete.

Best Regards,

Rickard Johansson

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2012

You were right :)

Thanks

0 votes
JIRA CFM August 6, 2020

Hi,

Check if there is a condition on the transition.

If there are none, you should see this message :"There are no conditions on this transition."

Regards,

Adil

0 votes
jako mercurio January 23, 2013

I have the same issue. I don't understand how to solve it.

Can you explain the solution please!

Thanks

Suggest an answer