Cannot start progress on unassigned issues (Maybe related to GH?)

Hi,

We use the Scrum board as or work tool.

However, when we have an unassigned issue on the ToDo bar, we cannot move it to the In Progress.

We have to go into the issue, change the assignee to me, and than go back to the board and move it to the In Progress one.

This is non comfortable way to work with GH, as I can press the Start Progress when I go into the issue.

The Auto Assign option in the GH configuration is checked.

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

Hello Janiv,

Sorry to have to double check but as it is not mentioned in the question i felt I should ask: There is no condition in the workflow that limits the transition to Assignee Only?

It might be that the auto-assign doesnt kick in due to the transition not being able to be compleete.

Best Regards,

Rickard Johansson

You were right :)

Thanks

I have the same issue. I don't understand how to solve it.

Can you explain the solution please!

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

229 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you